There’s another giant masterlist of comic download links circulating tumblr and it’s just so frustrating
Yes, of course you should read more comics - READ ALL THE COMICS - but for godsakes support the industry by actually buying them. Smaller titles especially need your help, don’t just download Ms Marvel and Lumberjanes because you heard they were cool, please prove to all the doubters, naysayers and haters that representation matters and can be profitable too. That’s the only way they’ll succeed, and the only way we’ll get diversity and see longevity for the characters we love.
Buy print copies from your local comic shop, digitally from Comixology, from an online shop like midtowncomics.com, just please support the creators and the work they do by buying them. And if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
This has been a PSA from your friendly neighbourhood comic shop employee :)
Everyday sexism example #25687
While I was typing on the computer at work today one of our regular customers - who is overly friendly anyway and constantly invading my personal space - grabbed my hand, and before I could stop him pulled me towards him and gave it a wet, sloppy kiss.
Because that’s completely appropriate behaviour in a professional setting, am I right?
If I were dating you I would make you lots of cups of tea to have as we sit together reading, take you to the theatre and generally do everything I could to make you feel like the amazing person you are <3
actual tears in my eyes jade
thank you <3
Hee, you know me so well <3 (After all these years, you better!)
You do realise you’re now contractually obliged to give me these things, right? ;-) What a good husband you are :D
If I were dating you: I would wear whatever you wished and make sure that your home is spotless. I would cook you delicious foods and give you back rubs and be the one to get up and change the dvd when we have movie nights.
If I were dating you...I'd set up a huge comfy vardo-like wagon in the woods filled with all your favorite foods, books and make you hot drinks over an open fire under the stars.
Send me ‘IF I WERE DATING YOU’ descriptions
Hi, can I make a graphic inspired by your newmann post of numbers are not the only...?
Oh wow, uhmm, yes of course you can! No one’s ever offered to do anything like that for me before…*flails happily*
(this post, for anyone who wants to know)
I was tagged by bootsnblossoms <3
Favourite movie of all time? Oh, don’t make me choose! How about the holy trinity of Back to the Future/Wargames/Jurassic Park? That totally counts as one film. On account of its accumulated awesome. ;-)
One celeb or character you would like to marry? Pippin Took :D
A favourite fic? Since she just recently updated and everyone should read this wonderful Good Omens epic, Crown of Thorns by irisbleufic.
Thing you’d like to write but just never have for whatever reason? I’m not a writer, but if I could I’ve always longed to write a revisionist faerie tale. I still wish I was a proper folklorist so I could write a book but alas, that was never to be.
Kink you love in fic but not in real life? Anything involving food - I hate mess. ;-) Also military kink.
Kink you love in fic you’d like to try in real life? Well, since running my fingers through wings isn’t an option…Breathplay, probably.
Something embarrassing that once happened to you? Everything is embarrassing, if I think about it long enough.
Something you are hoping/waiting for? To find some self-confidence. That would be great.
Three people you would love to meet? Ben Whishaw, Guy Gavriel Kay, Emma Thompson
Three favourite characters ever? Only three? *pouty face* The Marquis de Carabas, Aziraphale, Temeraire (yes, the dragon ;-)
Thank you for asking!
numbers are not the only truths
that speak to a lonely heart
science alone cannot explain
how i feel when i look at you
Asexuality in Comics
Attention my fellow Aces! I need your help :)
Next month I’ll be doing a panel about representations of asexuality in comics, and I would be very grateful for your input. While there are several known asexual characters, mostly in webcomics like Girls With Slingshots, and characters that can be viewed as asexual or demisexual without explicitly stating either way, I’d like to know who resonates for you, to get a wider perspective than just my own. If you could reblog answering a few questions, or send me an ask, I would appreciate it very much :D
- Are there any characters in a mainstream (Marvel, DC) comic you relate to, or read as asexual to you? If so, why?
- Are there any characters in other published ongoing comics or graphic novels you relate to, or read as asexual? If so, why?
- Do you go searching for asexual representation in comics?
- Do you write fanfiction or draw fanart of any comic characters from an asexual point of view?
- Would you like to see more romantic relationships in comics featuring asexual characters? More non-romantic relationships?
- Do you have any recommended reading? Please feel free to share all your favourite characters, comics, and creators!
I’d also be interested how non-aces view asexual representation in comics - does it need to be expressly stated and/or a main part of the storyline for you to notice? Would you like to see more? (I do hope the answer is yes ;-)
Please reblog and share, and my askbox is always open - all feedback is welcome and appreciated. Thank you, and I look forward to reading your responses!
top five quotes from "the last unicorn"? <3
Oh Jude, you are so good to me :D
Here are just a few of my favourites lines from this exquisite novel:
- 'The unicorn lived in a lilac wood and she lived all alone. She was very old, though she did not know it, and she was no longer the careless colour of sea foam, but rather the colour of snow falling on a moonlit night. But her eyes were still clear and unwearied, and she still moved like a shadow on the sea'.
- ‘It’s a rare man who is taken for what he truly is…we are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream’.
- ‘Quests may not simply be abandoned; prophecies may not be left to rot like unpicked fruit; unicorns may go unrescued for a very long time, but not forever. The happy ending cannot come in the middle of the story’.
- 'Real magic can never be made by offering someone else's liver. You must tear out your own, and not expect to get it back'.
- 'Wonder and love and great sorrow shook Schmendrick the Magician then, and came together inside him and filled him, filled him until he felt himself brimming and flowing with something that was none of these. He did not believe it, but it came to him anyway, as it had touched him twice before and left him more barren than he had been. This time, there was too much of it for him to hold; it spilled through his fingers and toes, welled up equally in his eyes and his hair and the hollows of his shoulders. There was too much to hold — too much ever to use; and still he found himself weeping with the pain of his impossible greed. He thought, or said, or sang, I did not know that I was so empty, to be so full’.
Bonus: ‘There are no happy endings, because nothing ends’. :)
*all the hugs for wonderful judelyfawn* <33