numbers are not the only truths
that speak to a lonely heart
science alone cannot explain
how i feel when i look at you
Asexuality in Comics
Attention my fellow Aces! I need your help :)
Next month I’ll be doing a panel about representations of asexuality in comics, and I would be very grateful for your input. While there are several known asexual characters, mostly in webcomics like Girls With Slingshots, and characters that can be viewed as asexual or demisexual without explicitly stating either way, I’d like to know who resonates for you, to get a wider perspective than just my own. If you could reblog answering a few questions, or send me an ask, I would appreciate it very much :D
- Are there any characters in a mainstream (Marvel, DC) comic you relate to, or read as asexual to you? If so, why?
- Are there any characters in other published ongoing comics or graphic novels you relate to, or read as asexual? If so, why?
- Do you go searching for asexual representation in comics?
- Do you write fanfiction or draw fanart of any comic characters from an asexual point of view?
- Would you like to see more romantic relationships in comics featuring asexual characters? More non-romantic relationships?
- Do you have any recommended reading? Please feel free to share all your favourite characters, comics, and creators!
I’d also be interested how non-aces view asexual representation in comics - does it need to be expressly stated and/or a main part of the storyline for you to notice? Would you like to see more? (I do hope the answer is yes ;-)
Please reblog and share, and my askbox is always open - all feedback is welcome and appreciated. Thank you, and I look forward to reading your responses!
top five quotes from "the last unicorn"? <3
Oh Jude, you are so good to me :D
Here are just a few of my favourites lines from this exquisite novel:
- 'The unicorn lived in a lilac wood and she lived all alone. She was very old, though she did not know it, and she was no longer the careless colour of sea foam, but rather the colour of snow falling on a moonlit night. But her eyes were still clear and unwearied, and she still moved like a shadow on the sea'.
- ‘It’s a rare man who is taken for what he truly is…we are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream’.
- ‘Quests may not simply be abandoned; prophecies may not be left to rot like unpicked fruit; unicorns may go unrescued for a very long time, but not forever. The happy ending cannot come in the middle of the story’.
- 'Real magic can never be made by offering someone else's liver. You must tear out your own, and not expect to get it back'.
- 'Wonder and love and great sorrow shook Schmendrick the Magician then, and came together inside him and filled him, filled him until he felt himself brimming and flowing with something that was none of these. He did not believe it, but it came to him anyway, as it had touched him twice before and left him more barren than he had been. This time, there was too much of it for him to hold; it spilled through his fingers and toes, welled up equally in his eyes and his hair and the hollows of his shoulders. There was too much to hold — too much ever to use; and still he found himself weeping with the pain of his impossible greed. He thought, or said, or sang, I did not know that I was so empty, to be so full’.
Bonus: ‘There are no happy endings, because nothing ends’. :)
*all the hugs for wonderful judelyfawn* <33
Top 5 romantic situations in fic!
HMMMM I’m not sure if these are my top situations, because as usual I’m sure I’ll think of better ones after I finish, but they’re certainly a few of my favourites :D
- On a journey/quest together. Equal partnership, must need the other to balance their individual skills.
- Undercover married! Ehehehe.
- Does snarky banter count as a ‘situation’? Because oh my god give me all the delicious banter.
- Kink negotiation can be terribly romantic when written well :)
- Secretly burning with a passion desperately unspoken. You know Captain Wentworth’s letter to Anne Elliot in Persuasion? Basically that. ;-)
Ask me my Top 5 anything!
Top 5 universes you would most like to see daemons appear in x
ALL OF THEM
EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE DAEMONS
OMG THIS IS AMAZING THANK YOU :D
Ask me my Top 5 Anything!
Nevvie! Top 5 Top 5 lists. (SO META. It's 4am and I'm awake). Also, Top 5 con memories which is possibly far more normal. PS - won't see you at any this year, as I have various hospital things that clash with the August of Conventions. /streamofconsciousness
Awww I’m sorry to miss you! I hope I’ll be able to hug you again soon, it’s been far too long <3
Top 5 Top 5 lists:
- Magical Creatures
- Historical Settings
- Acting Roles
- Dead People You’d Like To Meet
Top 5 Convention Memories
- Neil Gaiman parting a crowd of people just to hug me and say he was glad I came - San Diego Comic Con
- Hanging out with all the hobbits - The One Ring Convention
- Having the most intense discussion about faerie tales and mythology sitting next to Peter S Beagle at dinner - The One Ring Convention
- Hanging out in the bar with some of my favourite authors, publishers, and book bloggers, watching publishing deals get made, sharing fascinating conversations and generally feeling like I was a part of something wonderful - Eastercon
- Disco dancing! - Fantasycon
Ahhhh, memories :)
Ask me my Top 5 anything!
Ah, the perennial question of ‘which books gets top spot today’ ;-)
- Good Omens - Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
- The Last Unicorn - Peter S Beagle
- Last Chance to See - Douglas Adams
- The Silmarillion - JRR Tolkien
- Dreams Underfoot - Charles De Lint
HELL YEAH BOOKS
Ask me my Top 5 anything!
Ask me my “TOP 5” anything!
you'd be a Miyazaki villain that's immediately likable and is not evil at all, and ends up helping the heroes! :P
fetishes: praise kink, edge play, dragons XD
literally all of these are:
fetish: go away | no | rather not | I dunno | I guess | sure | yes | FUCK yes | oh god you don’t even know | right here, right now
yes good this pleases me